The source of the following irreverent, satirical sayings comes from Despair, Inc:
- “Just because you’re necessary doesn’t mean you’re important.”
- “Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.”
- “The best leaders inspire by example. When that’s not an option, brute intimidation works pretty well, too.”
- “The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures.”
- “It’s lonely at the top, but it’s comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.”
- “Your role may be thankless, but if you’re willing to give it your all, you just might bring success to those who outlast you.”
Despair, Inc. wouldn’t be successful if its tongue-in-cheek demotivational posters didn’t resonate with people. The company’s satire is an effective way to deal with shallow engagement efforts.
So if you see any of these posters in an office, I hope it’s based on the manager’s sense of humor. C’mon, would you want to work in a company where these quotes reflect its true culture?