“People who are successful are often crazy about reading. They make time for that because they understand how important it is … kind of like a secret weapon.” Ben Eubanks
We all know people who love learning new ideas to make the workplace better for their customers and employees. My gift-of-choice for someone like this is a book that can be packaged with the gift recipient’s favorite coffee/tea and special mug, coffee shop gift card, humorous or inspirational bookmark, box of chocolates, etc.
Here is a current list of my favorite business gift books:
- 9-1/2 Principles of Innovative Service by Chip Bell — great stories to spark ideas on how to enhance customer service.
- Orbiting the Giant Hairball: A Corporate Fool’s Guide to Surviving with Grace by Gordon MacKenzie — this is a fun, quirky, and insightful book that is a joy to read over and over.
- Share of Mind, Share of Heart Marketing Tools of Engagement for Nonprofits — I’m proud to have written this book to help nonprofit professionals and volunteers effectively engage the people behind the mission.
- The Synonym Finder by J. I. Rodale — invaluable reference book for communicators and business people who love to write.
- Zappos Culture Book — Zappos employees share what the company culture means to them and offer an inside look at the company’s values. This book can also be paired with Delivering Happiness: A Path of Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Zappos’ CEO Tony Hsieh.
- Zilch: the Power of Zero in Business by Nancy Lublin — what corporate leaders can learn from nonprofits.
Whether you choose a book from this list or find another one that best suits your business needs, you’re sharing the gift of knowledge, information, insight, and ideas.
“A book is a gift you can open again and again.” Garrison Keillor