All the media’s Best/Worst lists of the previous decade prompted my own look back at 2000-2009. It was a great decade for me professionally and a mixed one personally.
- My book on internal marketing, Taking Care of the People Who Matter Most: A Guide to Employee-Customer Care, was published in 2007 by WME Books.
- My business, Quality Service Marketing, reached a milestone in 2008 – 20 years in business!
- I met wonderful people who attended my speaking engagements & training workshops throughout the U.S. and Canada. This travel also enabled me to reconnect with many dear friends and colleagues.
- I started this business blog in 2005 as my first foray into social media, and it allowed me to establish new relationships around the globe.
- I expanded my learning and expertise from my work with terrific clients and support from colleagues.
- The profound loss of my beloved parents, brother, and father-in-law (April 2006 through December 2007)
- Celebrating 35 years of marriage with my husband Michael in 2009, and I’m looking forward to the next 35 years with him!
- Son Jason’s college graduation in 2004 (even with his moving back home) and his recent engagement to Ashley (which means we’ll return to empty-nest status sometime soon?!)