Here’s a compiled list of resources I found in researching & writing this series on volunteer engagement and management. Since this list is far from comprehensive, I invite you to share additional resource links.
- Blue Avocado – an “online magazine for community nonprofits” … here you can find Susan Ellis‘s article on board responsibilities for volunteers.
- Corporation for National & Community Service – provides volunteer information and service opportunities
- Energize, Inc. – Susan Ellis’s website written “especially for leaders of volunteers”
- Stanford Social Innovation Review – “Strategies, tools, and ideas for nonprofits, foundations, and socially responsible businesses”
- Taproot Foundation – check out founder Aaron Hurst’s blog post
& comments on different ways nonprofits use volunteers[Sorry, this link is out of date.]
- Volunteering in America – “Information on volunteering & civic engagement”
- Volunteer Value Calculator from Imagine Canada.