The final segment in this series builds on my last post with questions that help employees feel connected to an organization through its mission.
In Gallup’s in-depth management study featured in the book First, Break All the Rules, researchers Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman discovered 12 key questions that measure an organization’s strength. Many of the questions relate directly to employee engagement. For example:
- Do I know what is expected of me at work?
- At work, do I have the opportunity to be what I do best every day?
- Does my supervisor seem to care about me as a person?
- At work, do my opinions seem to count?
- Does the company mission make me feel my job is important?
Employee who can respond positively to these questions are likely to feel a strong connection to their organization (including their co-workers and customers).
Can you feel the love now?